Sr PHP Engineer
What you’ll get to do…
As part of the Managed WooCommerce team at this company, you’ll work closely with teammates on the engineering and product teams to build fast, secure, and maintainable code in PHP using modern MVC and composability approaches. Our customers are business owners or eCommerce store operators, so it is important to build reliable, iteratable, intuitive experiences that get out of their way, make managing their store fun and approachable, and help them grow their business. You will be responsible for translating product requirements into detailed engineering specs and collaboratively writing code with an engineering team to implement them, along with reviewing your teammates’ work, and constantly improving how we work.
While most of your time will be spent writing quality code and reviewing the code that your teammates write, you will also have the opportunity to mentor & learn from others, improve internal documentation & processes, build enhancements to our test / QA automations, and contribute to open source projects.
A typical day includes...
- Building features and fixes based on detailed product requirements.
- Reviewing your teammates’ code for readability, maintainability, and security.
- Performing user testing on your own code and providing code reviews to teammates.
- Participating in the full development lifecycle from research and planning engineering.
- implementations to QA and deployment.
- Adding to our internal wiki/documentation.
- Assisting our care team with troubleshooting challenging issues.
- Collaborating with other engineering teams across the company on shared projects.